NORTH AND MID WALES ASSOCIATION OF LOCAL COUNCILS
MINUTES OF A MEETING OF THE EXECUTIVE
HELD AT RHYL TOWN COUNCIL OFFICES ON
FRIDAY 14th March 2014 AT 10.30am
Present were: Cllr D Hainge Chair, Cllr B Bertola, Cllr T Renshaw, Cllr J McLennan and Robert Robinson Secretary.
1. Apologies for absence. The Committee received apologies for absence from Cllr M Roberts, Cllr A Holloway and Cllr J Butterfield.
2. Minutes of the last meeting The Committee approved the minutes of the last meeting.
3. Agenda for the next quarterly Meeting agenda for the next quarterly meeting to be held in Welshpool was agreed as per the copy on file.
4. Membership the Committee considered an active membership campaign for the smaller councils in Mid and North Wales.
It was agreed to recommend a ‘flyer’ to be sent to all Mid and North Wales Councils.
5. Future subjects and policies for the Association The Committee considered the policy of the association which is up for review in 2014.
The revised policy is to be added to the Quarterly meeting agenda. The Committee also considered the future discussion and policy items for the 2014-2017 period.
The items accepted as policy in 2010 have been discussed and completed over the period.
The Committee is to recommend to the Quarterly Meeting the following items for the 2014-2017 period:
a. William’s Report – formation of policy in due course.
b. Health Study – North and Mid Wales.
c. Transfer of services to Local Councils – funding issues.
d. Transport improvements in both Mid and North Wales. (to include Cambrian Line, Chester to Holyhead Line electrification and the future of bus passes.)
e. Monitoring of the Planning Bill and its effects.
f. Funding of Town and Community Councils. The Quarterly Meeting is also to be invited to add to the list.
6. Any other business There was no other business.
7. Date of next meeting The date of the next meeting was set as Friday 20th June 2014 at Rhyl Town Council Offices.